Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome To Your Life

Happy Wednesday everybody and happy first blog post.  Quite simply this is a blog about music and its translation in life, or just an opportunity to share eclectic music, events, books etc...So without further ado the first Life according to Music post:

Life According to Music

"Welcome to your life...there's no turning back" - Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World


I personally love this song, starting with that first line.  I remember playing catch with my dad when I was about 10.  We were in the front yard and I tried to impress him with a "big girl" throw.  Well that big girl throw went over his head and made a big dent in his car.  Hiding in my room, I wanted to turn back the clock and stop that event from ever taking place.  I bet there are incidents in everyone's lives that are "regrettable," some more than others.  But those regrettable pasts are building blocks for our futures...we can't turn back our lives, there is neutral and drive in this car.  So raise your glass...here is to driving forward (and not swerving into other drivers lanes).

:)      

No comments:

Post a Comment